Sunday, March 25, 2012

Catching up

I need to be writing here more often, as several projects have now stacked up and I have a backlog to share!  This may require several posts but here goes...

Last time I shared the bag and pouch I made for Ella (now that she's received it I can tell you who it was for!)  I was very happy to hear that Ella loved what I made for her.

Soon after I sent Ella's package off to her, I received one of my own, from Charlotte!  I was very excited to find two beautiful mini quilts that I had been watching very carefully in the group photo pool.

FTLOS Round 2 - Received
Charlotte also included some gorgeous ribbon trim.  So many of my favorite colors!  Since the light was almost gone on the day I took this first photo, I took a few more so I could share some more of the details.

mini from LawsonandLottie!
Charlotte used solids and crossweaves in orange, red and earthy tones as well as a natural linen. detail of quilting from LawsonandLottie
She combined some strip-pieced improvisational patchwork with half-square triangles, and in the field of linen embellished with some fabulous straight-line quilting.

detail of quilting from LawsonandLottie
I love the varigated thread, and so precise! detail of quilting from LawsonandLottie mini from LawsonandLottie!
Detail of the Katherine Wheel mini, which she also wrote a tutorial for on her blog.
Beautiful work, Charlotte. Thank you so much for taking the time to create these lovely pieces for me!

Charlotte just recently relocated from the UK to Australia (she made these for me in the midst of packing and preparing for the move!) but her blog address has not changed.  Pop over and visit her at lawsonandlotti.blogspot.com/--she's hosting a giveaway of some of the Aussie DS Quilts fabrics this week.  Be sure to tell her I said "hi" and wish her congratulations on winning 1st place in Sew Hip Magazine's fashion designer of the year competition! See her entry here.

I still have a few sewing pieces of my own to share, I'll be back to tell you about those.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

~Anna


2 comments:

  1. You are too kind. It was an absolute pleasure to make that for you! I really enjoyed it and loved your mosaic and inspiration, it's always great making for someone who has similar tastes

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOMMMGGG. That is one of my favorite things I have seen on Flickr in ages--I am so jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete